Ragging is a criminal offence as per the Supreme Court verdict. Ragging is an offence under penal code, which define ragging as:
“Causing, inducing, compelling or forcing a student, whether by way of practical joke or otherwise, to do any act which detracts from human dignity or violates his/her person or exposes him/her to ridicule from doing any lawful act. By intimidating, wrongfully restraining, wrongfully confining, or injuring him or by using criminal force on him/her or by holding out to him/her any threat of intimidation, wrongful confinement, injury or the use of criminal force.”
“Ragging in all its forms is totally banned in this institution including in its departments, constituent units, all its premises (academic, residential, sports, kiosks, cafeteria and the like) whether located within the campus. The institution shall take strict action including but not limited to criminal proceeding and/or cancellation of admission against those found guilty of ragging and/or of abetting ragging and the burden of proof shall hereby lie on the perpetrator of alleged ragging and not on the victim. An offence of Ragging may be charged either on a written complaint by the affected or on independent finding of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
Message from proctorial board
“WELCOME TO THE PIET FAMILY”
The new entrant will be glad to know that PIET has taken all the measures to prohibit, prevent and eliminate any kind of threat of ragging from the campus including hostel, playground, canteen, classrooms, and in the institute transport etc.
The students are advised not to do anything with or against their will, even if ordered by their senior students and any kind of attempt of ragging should be quickly reported to the “Anti Ragging Squad” or to the Warden or Chief Proctor or to the Head of the Institution, as the case may be.
Information to whom you should report for assistance and guidance for various purposes, if and when required, are given below:
“Anti-Ragging UGC Helpline No.” – 1800-180-5522, E-mail: [email protected]
RAGGING is an out-right “HUMAN RIGHT ABUSE IN ESSENCE”
The following may constitute as a part and parcel of ragging:
- Addressing a colleague student as “SIR”
- Forcing the junior colleague to serve snacks or meals under duress.
- Making juniors to forcefully sing a song, running in the ground, abuse other colleague etc.
- To unrest the students and force him/her to display physical feats with or without the presence of the students.
- Forcefully asking the junior colleague to obey the command of the seniors.
- To pose as a Joker amongst the gathering of the colleagues.
- Making the junior bereft of the attending/studying in the class or stop him/her for taking meals.
- To harass or cut jokes under duress.
- Any other indulgence intimidating the rightful liberty of any student can be termed as an act of RAGGING.
Stringent action can be taken including filing of Criminal Cases against the errant students.
- RAGGING IS AN EVIL EQUATED BY THE HON’BLE SUPREME COURT AS A CRIMINAL ACT.
- Keep Away From This Menace And Avoid Keeping Involved In Any Criminal Offence Otherwise You Will Land In Troubles.
Ragging and the Indian penal Code
|339||Wrongful restraint||1 Month|
|340||Wrongful confinement||1 Year|
|341||Punishment for Wrongful restraint||1 Month|
|342||Punishment for Wrongful confinement||1 Year|
|292||Obscene acts and songs||2 Year|
|506||Punishment for criminal intimidation||7 Year|
|323||Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt||1 Year|
|324||Voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means||3 Year|
|325||Punishment for Voluntarily causing grievous hurt||7 Year|
|326||Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous Weapons or means||Life Imprisonment|
|304||Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder||Life Imprisonment|
|306||Abetment of suicide||10 Years|
|307||Attempt to murder||10 Years|
|S. No.||Name||Contact Number|
|1.||Dr. Rachna Khurana||9729077004|
|2.||Dr. Monu Kalra||8222883344|
|3.||Ms. Ginni Chawla||8930458123|
|4.||Mr. Vipin Tomar (CSE)||9887747898|
|5.||Mr. Neeraj Kumar (CSE)||9034172580|
|6.||Mr. Arun Rana (ECE)||8950183659|
|7.||Mr. Amit Raman (ME)||9991138449|
|8.||Mr. Virender Upneja (ME)||9355558942|
|9.||Mr. Sorabh Gupta ((IT)||9896612475|
|10.||Ms. Pooja Gupta (BBA)||9729535338|
|11.||Mr. Rajesh Kumar (BBA)||8742980159|
|12.||Ms. Vinod Kumari (MCA)||9050936080|
|13.||Ms. Khyatti Saggu (CE)||9813385035|
|14.||Ms. Deepti Dhingra||9812224905|
|15.||Mrs. Mandeep Kaur (MCA)||9896310304|
|16.||Ms. Sanchi Kakkar (MCA)||9988892227|
|17.||Mr. Sanjeev Kumar (Diploma ME)||7206010601|
|18.||Dr. Himashu Jain (MBA)||8059707849|
|S. No.||Name||Designation||Tel. No.|
|1||Prof. (Dr.) Shakti Kumar||Director||9354613020|
|2||Superintendent of Police Panipat/ Representative||S.P. Panipat||0180-2699100
|3||Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Representative||SDM, Samalkha||0180-2571100|
|4||S.H.O., Samalkha||SHO (Samalkha)||(0180)-2699129
|5||Dr. Sunil Dhull||Chief Proctor||9466477776|
|6||Prof. (Dr.) B.B. Sharma||Dean Student Welfare & Registrar||9416281777|
|7||Mrs. Priyanka Sehgal||Women Grievance Cell||9034077699|
|8||Dr. Vijay Kaushik||Chief Warden||9996139195|
|10||Ms. Aashta||Hostel Warden Girls|
|11||Mr. Suresh Tyagi||Academic Superintendent||9466256318|
|12||Adv. Mehul Jain||Sarv Sanghthan Seva Sansthan||9813077111
|13||Mr. Abhimanyu M. V.||Parents Representative||9992600869|
|14||B. Nidhi (4th year, ME)||Student Representative||9873965914|
|15||Mridul (3rd year CSE)||Student Representative||9958695757|
|16||Rishabh||Student Representative 1st Year||9540696071|
|17||Niharika||Student Representative 1st Year||9643950540|
|S. No.||Name||Tel. No.|
|1||Dr. B.B. Sharma (DSW)||9416281777|
|2||Mrs. Swati Gupta||9896245070|
|3||Mrs. Rekha Mahajan||9315847911|
Names and Telephone Numbers of the Officers of Police Department, Panipat District:
|1||Deputy Commissioner, Panipat||0180-2651502||[email protected]@hry.nic.in|
|2||SDM, Panipat||0180-2651303||[email protected]|
|3||SDM, Samalkha||0180-2571100||[email protected]|
|4||P.S. City Panipat||(0180)-2699110||[email protected]|
|5||P.S. Samalkha||(0180)-2699129||[email protected]|
IMPORTANT POINTS FOR 1ST YEAR STUDENTS
- Classes and holidays will be as per College Academic Calendar.
- Extra Classes of weaker students of 1st semester will be arranged separately.
- 75% attendance is must; Special weightage in the sessional marks will be given to those having more than 85% attendance.
- It has been observed that pass % of students whose attendance was more than 75% was very high.
- Short of attendance and marks of test will be intimated to the parents every month.
- Attendance will be shown on the notice board by every department and letters to the parents will be sent by the every department who having less than 75% attendance. Short attendance cases will be decided and governed by KUK university norms.