Institute has successfully established the institute innovation council (IIC) in the year 2018-19 as per the norms and directives of MHRD Innovation Cell, to systematically foster the culture of innovation in the institute. IICs are responsible for conducting the activities as per activity calendar provided by MHRD Innovation Cell.
In addition to the Institute level and National level activities suggested in the activity calendar, IICs are also given scores for organizing self driven activities. At the end of an academic year, IICs are awarded with a rating certificate from MHRD Innovation Cell, AICTE and Ministry of Education. IIC 2.0, completing its activities in the month of August 2020 for academic year 2019-20, has been awarded with 5 stars placing itself among top 125 IICs all over India.
- To establish the culture of innovation in the institute.
- To provide laboratories, infrastructural and mentoring facilities to prepare the students for National/International level Hackathons/championships.
- To create an ecosystem for multidisciplinary interactions, research & innovations.
- To sharpen communication, business, management, leadership, team spirit and complex problem solving skills among the students.
- To create awareness and facilitate intellectual property rights
Members of the Council (2020-21)
- Dr. Anju Bhandari Gandhi, President
- Dr. Monika Gambhir, Vice-President
- Ms. Harminder Kaur, Convener
- Dr. Saurabh Garg, IPR Activity coordinator
- Dr. Shiraz Khurana, Innovation Activity Coordinator
- Mr. Vikas Sethi, Internship Activity Coordinator
- Mr. Tarun Maglani, Social Media Coordinator
- Dr. Shakti Arora, Start up Activity Coordinator
- Dr. Himanshu Jain, ARIIA Coordinator
- Dr. Tanvi Singh, NIRF Coordinator