EDC “Seedling” lending hands to new ideas
In a country like India, where there is still a huge potential for new businesses to flourish, thanks to the heterogeneous nature of its society, culture, economy and demography, becoming an entrepreneur should be a natural choice for any young Graduate/Post-Graduate. The current Prime Minister of India, Sh. Narendra Modi has also provided impetus to the entrepreneurial activity in the country through launching of the ‘Startup India’ scheme which provides a host of benefits and removes a lot of entry barriers for a fresh startup. Due to the emerging scenario of entrepreneurs, the Institute has launched its Entrepreneurship Development (ED) cell named “Seedling” after having taken various initiatives in this direction over the past years. The Cell was inaugurated by Sh. Chander Shekhar Khare – IAS, Deputy Commissioner Panipat, Haryana and Sh. Tirlok Gupta, Assistant Director, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) on June 9, 2016 in the Institute premises.
Starting of new ventures by young entrepreneurs is the best strategy to combat the economic slowdown being currently faced by the entire world. Keeping this in mind, the Chairman of ED Cell, Dr Saurabh Garg, coordinated numerous activities to promote the spirit of entrepreneurship among students, over the past years.
Objectives of ED Cell
- To develop spirit of entrepreneurship among the students.
- To create awareness on entrepreneurship and organize entrepreneurship awareness camps and entrepreneurship development programmes for students and staff.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to small, medium and micro enterprises.
- To foster better linkages between the institution, industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting small & medium enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other voluntary organizations.
- To conduct programs in entrepreneurship enabling skills.
- To promote need-based consultancy services to industries.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
ED Cell Members
- Dr. Saurabh Garg, Associate Professor, DMS – Chairman
- Dr. Dalbir, Associate Professor, DMS
- Dr. Tannu Sharma, Asst. Professor, ASH
- Ms. Bhawna, Asst. Professor, IT
- Mr. Arun Rana, Asst. Professor, ECE
- Dr. Mohit Singhal, Asst. Professor, BBA
- Mr. Sandeep Bindra, Asst. Professor, CSE
- Ms. Mandeep, Asst. Professor, MCA
- Mr. Bhupender, Asst. Professor, ME
- Ms. Khayati, Asst. Professor, CE
- Ms. Agyapreet, Asst. Professor, Textile
Seminars, Workshops and Other Activities on Entrepreneurship
Expert Lecture on “Entrepreneurial Journey” on occasion of “World Entrepreneurship Day” ,
Expert talk on IPR, One Day workshop on IPR Awareness and Patent Filing Process, Guest lecture on Challenges and Opportunities for Entrepreneurs, World IP Day
Expert lecture on Accelerators and Incubation (for early stage entrepreneurs) and Funding Opportunities, Expert Lecture on IPR and overview of patent filing and grant process in India, Expert Lecture on Entrepreneurial Journey on occasion of World Entrepreneurship Day
Business Model Competition, IP Management Expert Session, Two Days Industrial Motivation Campaign by MSME.
Business Plan Competition, Seminar and Panel discussion on “Funding challenges and opportunities for MSMEs in Haryana, Guest Lecture on IPR Issues and Challenges, Entrepreneurship startups and IP Issues.
FDP on IPR, Seminar on Entrepreneurship for Techies, Seminar on Entrepreneurship, One-day Workshop on Pathway to Statistical Analysis (Research Methodology), Webinar on – Talk on IPR, Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development, Seminar on Entrepreneurship, IPR and Startups, Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development through Incubation and Innovation, Seminar on Entrepreneurship Opportunities and Challenges, Three day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp, FDP on Entrepreneurship, Incubation and Innovation.
Seminar on Business Innovation and Sustainable Development, One-day Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights, Seminar on Entrepreneurship Development, Three days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp, One week MSME sponsored MDP on Financial Management, Workshop on Entrepreneurship Startups and IPR Issues, Interactive seminar on Startups, Seminar on Entrepreneur Skills, One day Business Plan Workshop, FDP on Innovative Approach to Skill Development and Employment Generation in India.
FDP on Entrepreneurship, One day Workshop on IPR, Three days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp, FDP on Research Methodology and IPR, Seminar on How to become a Tech-savvy Entrepreneur, Short term course on Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation using Blue Ocean Strategies, Seminar on Entrepreneurship, Seminar on Export Procedures for Entrepreneurs, Seminar on Business Analytics, Seminar on Entrepreneurship, Seminar on Entrepreneurship -Business Plan and Project Report Preparation, Seminar on Research Methodology.
Short Term Course on Research Methodology through ICT, One-day Workshop on IPR and Patent filing through ICT, Business Plan workshop, Seminar on Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of SMEs through Incubators, One day workshop on Research Methodology, Seminar on protection of Intellectual Property Rights – Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights.
Workshop on Scalable Startups and Entrepreneurship, Seminar on Innovations in Printing and Other Textile Machinery, Seminar on Entrepreneurship for Mechanical Engineers, Seminar on Entrepreneurship, Seminar on Research Methodology