India Accelerator (IA) Initiatives to Develop Startups
The world is being revolutionized by Industry 4.0 by shifting its paradigm to use machine operated devices rather than hand held devices with the advent of latest technologies like artificial intelligence, data science, internet of things, AR-VR, 3D printing etc. The target of industry 4.0 can be achieved by incorporating features of Education 4.0 like shift from conventional learning paradigm like classroom teaching to experimental learning paradigm like working on live projects of industries. Moreover, introduction of teaching and hands on experience on latest emerging technologies should also be there with the inclusion of flip based learning.
PIET achieves the expectations of Industry 4.0 by following three-pronged approach. Apart from offering flip based learning, internships, live projects, conventional placements cell; it also shakes hand with the startup India initiative launched in 2016 for building robust startup ecosystem transforming India from job seekers to job creators. PIET has signed an MOU with IA – leading seed stage startup accelerator of the country, to drive collaboration between academia, startups and industry. This program is expected to foster research, catalyze innovation, creating a startup ecosystem on campus that can help budding entrepreneurs to convert their innovative ideas into commercially viable products. India Accelerator’s role is to help develop the Center of Excellence for Entrepreneurship for the region at institute campus & transform it into a hub for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Team Members
- Mr. Arindam Bhattacharya, Motivator and Supporter of Program
- (Dr.) Bhawna Singla Gupta, Coordinator
- Mr. Vikas Sethi, Member, CSE Department
- Ms. Neha Bhatia, Member, IT Department
- Mr. Naveen Vasisth, Member, ME Department
- Mr. Sachin, Member, ECE Department
- Mr. Balraj, Member, CE Department
- Ms. Mandeep Kaur, Member, CA Department
- PIET-IA Campus Entrepreneurship Program (CEP) offers:
- PIET- IA Entrepreneurial Journey – cutting edge curriculum to gain knowledge, skills and tools in the areas of Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Business Model, Pricing, Technology, Product Management, Law, Go to Market & Venture Capital.
- PIET- IA Ideathon – intensive brainstorming event to help identify potential problems, ideas and solutions which can be feeder for the incubation program
- PIET- IA Incubation Program – 12 months hand holding of promising startups with a structured incubation program to identify problems worth solving and validate ideas with product prototypes
- PIET- IA Hands-on – Internship opportunities with successful startups across multiple domains and industries along with working from our co working facilities in Gurgaon
- PIET- IA Campus Fund – assist the campus to tap into the alumni network and bring structured seed capital for the startups.
- PIET- IA Perks – access to perks such as AWS credits, Zoho, Sendgrid, Google Cloud of upto 1 million USD through for startups selected for acceleration program
- PIET- IA Deep Dives & Mentorship – with startup founder and industry leaders
- PIET- IA Getwork, Inventorium and MentoKart – offer online SaaS platform to improve learning, internship and job opportunities
- PIET- IA Accelerate – offers selected entrepreneurial talent with successful track record from incubation program an opportunity to turn their ideas into commercially viable businesses
Two days international conference was organized on January 21-22, 2021 in the institute on Startup Incubation in collaboration with the Hindu Economic Forum (HEF), where more than 50 startups with 400 participants attended the conference.