RESEARCH AND INNOVATION POLICY
Research and Innovation are important components of higher education. The policy seeks to develop a culture and an environment for research and innovation through quality publications, research projects, campus start-ups, industrial consultancy and contributions to research seminars, conferences, workshops and other such events relating to research and innovation. Research, innovation and consultancy are given due importance by national regulatory bodies and accreditation and ranking agencies. Through this policy, PIET aims at making a larger contribution to research and innovation so as to improve academic quality.
Under the policy, necessary support infrastructure and facilities will be expanded to encourage faculty and students to focus on research and innovation and bring out quality output. Under the policy each department will identify thrust areas for research and innovation on the basis of current trends in industry and take steps to build internal capability among faculty and students by conducting research in the priority areas. The students will be specifically encouraged the undertake research projects under the guidance of the faculty and will be provided incentives and motivation to do field projects. The departments will conduct from time to time research seminars and workshops and take steps to disseminate the knowledge. To promote research, departments will develop linkages with corporate houses and R&D organizations in the region. The research work in the institute must lead to value addition for faculty and students through useful projects. As a matter of policy, the institute will encourage research in inter-disciplinary areas.
The contribution of each faculty member will be measured through performance points to be earned by the faculty members on the basis of their various activities relating to research and innovation during an academic year.
INCENTIVE POLICY FOR RESEARCH PAPERS IN JOURNALS /CHAPTERS IN EDITED BOOKS/VOLUMES/ PAPERS PUBLISHED IN PROCEEDINGS OF INTERNATIONAL NATIONAL CONFERENCES/ BOOKS
Objective: The primary objective of the proposed incentive scheme is to motivate the faculty members and technical staff of our Institute to undertake quality research and other research-related activities.
- This scheme covers all faculty members and technical staff of all departments of PIET.
- To motivate our faculty members to take on research-related activities, in addition to the teaching, so as to publish research papers in journals /chapters in edited books/volumes/ papers published in proceedings of international national conferences/ books.
- PUBLICATION IN SCI/SCIE/SCOPUS/SSCI/ WOS INDEXED JOURNALS
- In Case of Single author from PIET:
- If PIET faculty is either the first author or corresponding author or author as a supervisor, then an incentive of Rs. 10000/- (for first paper), Rs. 15000/- (for second Paper) and Rs. 20000/- (for third Paper) will be awarded in one academic session. No matter if other authors are from other institutes/Organizations.
- If PIET faculty member is co-author then an incentive of Rs. 6000/- (for first paper), Rs. 9000/- (for second paper) and Rs. 12000/- (for third paper) will be awarded in one academic session. No matter if other authors are from other institutes/ Organizations.
- In case of more than one author from PIET:
- If more than one author is from PIET either as first or corresponding or the supervisor or co-author the incentive of Rs. 10000/-, Rs. 15000/- & Rs. 20000/-will be equally shared among them. i.e. if three faculty members of PIET authored a paper either as first/Corresponding/supervisor/co-author then Rs.3333/- will be awarded as incentives to each PIET author. No matter if other authors are from other institutes/Organizations.
- An incentive of Rs.10000/-shall be given to any student of PIET whosoever publishes his/her paper in SCI/SCIE/SCOPUS/SSCI/ WOS INDEXED JOURNALS. In the case of a joint publication, the incentive shall be shared equally.
(B) PUBLICATION IN UGC APPROVED LIST Of JOURNALS
- The suggested incentive to publish a research paper in the UGC list journal is Rs.3000 per paper.
- A faculty member can take benefit of a maximum of 10 papers in an academic year that is published in UGC listed journals (https://ugccare.unipune.ac.in/site/website/index.aspx).
- An incentive of Rs. 3000/- is there for any student of PIET whosoever is publishing his/her paper in UGC listed journals(https://ugccare.unipune.ac.in/site/website/index.aspx). In the case of a joint publication, the incentive shall be shared equally.
(C) PUBLICATION IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS/ BOOK AUTHORED / BOOK CHAPTERS IN EDITED BOOK/VOLUMES
- The incentive to publish research paper in conference proceedings of International conferences of repute ((IEEE, ACM, Any SOPUS-Indexed conference proceedings like Springer, etc., ASME, EBSCO, ISME, IEI, IEEE-ICMAE, ICMAE, IASTE, ICSTM, ICMPT).)/chapters in edited books is Rs.2000 per paper. (This will be an additional incentive to be given along-with the existing registration fee and TA/DA reimbursement policy but Faculty members can take benefit under either of the incentive or reimbursement policy).
- Faculty members who have taken efforts to write and publish books are encouraged and incentive will be given to the faculty member as indicated below:
|Full book||Renowned||International||Rs. 20000|
|Full book||Renowned||National||Rs. 10000|
- A faculty member can take benefit of a maximum of 5 papers in an academic year.
(D) POLICY FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF PARTICIPATION IN FDPs IN OTHER INSTITUTES
- All faculty members participating in FDPs in other institutes will be reimbursed the Registration Fees for the same and/or Travel Allowance as per the discretion of the competent authority.
(E)POLICY FOR ORGANIZING FDPs/ INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE/ NATIONAL CONFERENCE/ WORKSHOPS
- 1 Day additional Special Leave for the duration of less than one week and 2 Days additional Casual Leave for the duration of more than One Week, will be granted for FDPs/ International Conference/ National Conference/ Workshops being organized, to the Convenor and to Co-Convenor, at PIET.
- Academic Leave will be granted for the period of FDPs/ International Conference/ National Conference/ Workshops being organized, to the Convenor and to Co-Convenor, at an institution other than PIET.
(F) INCENTIVISE FOR EXPERT LECTURE/ KEYNOTE SPEAKER/ SESSION CHAIR/ RESOURCE PERSON
- Academic Leave will be granted to the faculty delivering Expert Lecture/ Key Note Address/ Invited Talks/ Chairing the Session in a conferenceat an institution other than PIET.
- Additional Special Leave will be granted to the faculty delivering Expert Lecture/ Key Note Address/ Invited Talks/ Chairing the Session in a conference at PIET. (1 additional special leave for at least 2 hours expert lecture.)
- The faculty member(s)/Author(s) must have the affiliation of PIET, Panipat in all the publications entitled in this policy.
- Only published papers are considered.
- Faculty members can take benefit under either of the incentive or reimbursement policy.
- The head of the departments will be awarded an additional 10% of the amount rewarded to the faculty member/s of his/her department.
- The registration fee and Travel Allowance shall be reimbursed as per the discretion of the competent authority.
- The Head of the Department should verify whether faculty member(s)/author(s) is/are first/Corresponding/Supervisor/Co-author in the published paper. The Director should verify whether the HoDs is/are first/Corresponding/Supervisor/Co-author in the published paper.
- The above norms will only be applicable when the published paper has the author’s affiliation with PIET, Panipat.
- In the case of more than one author from PIET, Panipat the incentive amount will be divided equallyamong the faculty members having the affiliation of PIET, Panipat.
- In case of any conflict director shall exercise his/ her discretion.