Policy: Recruitment as per AICTE Norms
- The requirement of staff both teaching and non-teaching needed for the subsequent semester is determined by each HoD (as per Kurukshetra University/ AICTE guidelines) at the end of a semester and presented at the HoDs meeting chaired by Director.
- The requirements are discussed and the decision to appoint/ recruit staff is taken in HoDs meetings.
- The office publishes an advertisement in reputed newspapers.
- The received applications are sorted out and sent to respective department for further action.
- Department scrutinizes the applications and those eligible are shortlisted. They also add applications received during the previous semester for scrutiny.
- Shortlisted candidates for assistant professors are called for a demonstration and evaluated by HoD and at least three other senior faculties.
- The shortlisted candidates are interviewed by the selection committee consisting of Secretary, Dean, Director, respective HoD and chaired by the Governing Council member.
- Based on the performance, a merit list is prepared and the candidates are given appointment order.
Associate Professors and Professors:
Policy: Recruitment as per AICTE Norms.
- Largely these positions are filled by invitation/ advertisement and interviewed by the selection committee chaired by at least one-member BOG.
Recruitment of Non-teaching staff:
- All laboratory instructors are appointed following the procedure given above for Assistant Professors except for an additional written examination and/or demonstration.
General guidelines are:
- Diploma with 5 years’ experience for a Foreman.
- Diploma with at least 2 years’ experience for Lab. Instructor.