Grievance redressal system plays an important role to make education more responsive, transparent and effective at higher education institutions. Panipat Institute of Engineering and Technology provides an effective grievance redressal system ensuring that all grievances from students and staff are properly addressed to promote transparency in institutional activities maintaining harmony among its members.
Panipat Institute of Engineering and Technology has constituted the internal complaint committee (ICC), anti ragging committee (ARC), SC/ST committee and grievance redressal cell (GRC) to resolve any kind of grievances faced by its member. ICC plays an active role to prevent any kind of sexual harassment while the ARC is responsible to prevent ragging in the institution. SC/ST committee is constituted to take care of the welfare and grievances of SC/ST students and staff. Any other general grievances such as academic, financial, related to facilities and difficulties faced by the student(s) are taken care by GRC. The grievance redressal committee takes rational and objective steps to discharge its duties/responsibilities for a smooth and efficient functioning of the institute and to monitor the overall discipline.
Role of the concerned committee
- To take proactive measures towards sensitization of the staff and students on grievance issues.
- To act as inquiry authority on a complaint.
- To ensure that victims and witnesses are not intimidated or discriminated in any manner as consequences of filing the complaint.
Procedure to file Grievance
- Any student/staff, who wants to file a complaint, can do so by writing an application to the chairperson of the respective committee or through online link available on institution The anonymous complaints can also be submitted in the complaint box placed in front of the administrative office.
- In case of harassment/discrimination, the complainant shall include the specific nature of the incident, date and the place of the incident, name of all parties involved as well as a maintenance of all pertinent facts.
Procedure of Investigation
- Inquiry for the complaint begins as quickly as possible after receiving the grievance. Complaint received by GRC and other committees will be promptly and carefully investigated within a time period of fifteen days and investigation will include interviewing all relevant persons, including the aggrieved and other potential After completion of investigation GRC or other concerned committee will make unanimous recommendations to the competent authority conforming to prescribed government/ university norms on grievances handling.