The placement cell at PIET plays an all inclusive crucial role in locating and facilitating job opportunities for students by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments. General rules of conduct are illustrated in this policy.
General Placement Guidelines
- The training & placement cell shall act as a facilitator for students by inviting industry for internship and recruitment.
- Students are expected to behave professionally throughout the placement process. Any misconduct, non-maintenance of decorum shall be dealt seriously and could lead to disqualification from all placement related assistance from the institute.
- Placement activities encompass all measures from trainings, summer internships to final placement of all the students.
- All the departmental placement coordinators shall meet regularly in the training and placement cell to discuss various issues related to placement drives such as mechanism, queries and student grievances.
- Student placement committee members shall actively coordinate diverse activities involved in internship and placement process under the guidance of departmental placement coordinators.
- Once a student has given consent for a placement drive, his/her attendance and participation becomes mandatory. Any student found abstaining from the placement without valid reasons would become ineligible for future campus drives.
- Once selected by a company, the student would be considered as placed irrespective of the company/job profile or job location or salary offered.
- Student making voluntary declaration that he/she does not require placement assistance from the institute and wish to start new venture or assist family venture would be relaxed from participation in the placement activities, subject to the approval of head-training and placement cell. Such students would participate in activities of the incubation and entrepreneurship development cell.
- All students are required to be present in formal attire only during the campus recruitment process.
- It is the student’s responsibility to see the placement notice and submit his/her resume to the coordinators as per the deadline specified in the notices.
- A student can apply in as many companies as he/she would like to but at the same time, if shortlisted he/she must appear for the further selection procedure (viz. interview/psychometric tests/group discussions/any other selection tool) adopted by the company, in the best of his/her spirits.
Placement Process Guidelines
- Students are advised to submit their preferred area of specialization where he / she would like to pursue his/ her career.
- It is compulsory for all the final year students from all streams to attend the pre-placement talks (PPT).
- Students who have not attended placement presentations during placement drive and corporate meet would be relegated to last priority for placement assistance from the Institute.
- Once a student has applied for a particular company after the PPT/display of placement notice for the company it would be assumed that he/she is interested in the company and hence the excuse of not liking the profile of the company or the job would not be entertained later.
- Campus placement is first job of a student. In order to progress fast in professional career, it is expected that the students also look for job profile as against for other benefits including salary.
- Once placed, the students should continue with it reasonably to gain the best advantage in terms of experience and also create good repo for institute–industry relationship. In case of unavoidable circumstances, the students must contact and seek necessary advice from training and placement cell before communicating their decision to the company.
Summer Internship Objectives
- Explore career alternatives before graduation and develop professional links
- Relate theoretical learning with industrial practices
- Explore technical abilities required in the field of study
- Develop skills required for professional success
- Learn to respect work practices
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand leadership roles and importance of teamwork
- Identify the impact of technology on environment and sustainability
- Understand management principles at work place
Summer Internship Guidelines
Students are encouraged to arrange their summer internship on their own. Students are required to inform in writing to the training & placement cell well in advance that they would be arranging their summer internship on their own. Training & placement cell will issue a letter requesting the company to accept the student for summer internship. However, this letter would be issued only on receipt of the complete details (Name, Title, Designation, Company’s Name, Postal Address, E-Mail, Phone Number/Mobile Number and Web address).
If a case arises where a student gets an internship offer from the campus as well as through a personal sources, it is mandatory for the student to accept the offer received from campus which can be relaxed by head of the training and placement cell on request.
Each student is assigned a faculty guide. Student must know about his/her faculty guide and interact with the concerned faculty before and during the summer internship. All the students are required to submit the certificate of completion from industry along – with the project report in their respective departments.