Alumni Interaction Report
Date of Interaction:12/04/2020
Time of Interaction: 11:00 am
Mode of interaction: Microsoft Teams
Mr. Himagna Sen, Officer in Indian Oil Corporation Limited was alumni of department of mechanical engineering (2011-2015 batch), delivered an expert lecture on career planning and how to move ahead to Mechanical Engineering students on the Microsoft team app.The session was attended by more than 150 attendees including students and faculty of mechanical department.
- Entire session spanned for 2 hours in which he highlighted the core areas of mechanical engineering required for getting success in the PSUs and other competitive exams. He guided the students regarding group discussions, extempore, the value of communication skills, and benefit of positive attitude, especially while going for an interview.
- He focused on the selection of the books according to the field students are going to opt for.He instructed the students on how to prepare for the GATE exam and the necessary steps to increase the chances of getting a good score in GATE. He also gave them ways to how to handle the stress while preparing for any exam and not to get disappointed or frustrated if they are unable to achieve their goal.
- His message was clear. He elaborated on the simple rules for reaching one’s potential. The lecture was simple but inspiring and motivating for the students to pursue a more fulfilling career.
- He told them to remain true to your values and continue to cultivate a trustworthy professional reputation within his/her network.
- The whole event was very energetic and successful.Students of mechanical department raised many doubts and queries which was promptly answered by Er Himagna.