The department is running two Programs i.e.
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology.
- Bachelor of Technology (Honors)
- Major Degree: Information Technology
- Minor Specialization:
- Block Chain
- Internet of Things (IOT)
- Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science
- Cyber Security
- The key features of the B.Tech (Honors) program are:
- The student can identify one area of minor specialization (mentioned above) along with the major specialization in Information Technology.
- In contrast to a traditional B.Tech program which is a 4 Year (8 Semester program) offering 160 course credits, the B.Tech (Honors) program is a 4 Year (8 Semester program) offering 180 course credits.
- The additional 20 Credits to be completed as part of the B.Tech (Honors) program is to be evenly spaced out between the 3rd and 8th semester.
- To successfully complete the B.Tech (Honors) program the student shall need to clear the examinations for the additional 20 Credits. The examinations shall be conducted as per the AICTE as well as University guidelines.
For B.Tech. (4 Years) Admission:
Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics as a compulsory subject & Chemistry/Computer Science/Informatics Practices as optional Subject obtaining at least 45% marks (42.75% marks in case of SC/ST category).
Admissions to B.Tech. Courses are based on JEE Merit of Rank, for complete information please visit: http//hstes.org OR www.hstes.in and http//tehadmissions.gov.in
For B.Tech. (LEET- 3 Years) Admission:
Eligibility : Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering/Technology course of 3 years’ duration or more from State Board of Technical Education Haryana or its equivalent with at least 45% marks (42.75% for SC/ST) in the aggregate. Or should be pass in B.Sc. Degree of minimum three year duration from a recognized university with Mathematics as a subject in 12th Standard, with at least 45% marks in aggregate (42.75% in case of SC/ST Candidates).
Note: Admissions shall be made on the basis of the inter-se merit of Online Entrance Test (OLET) for BE/B.Tech. (LEET) 2020 conducted by NIC online on the website : www.onlinetesthry.nic.in. Eligibility and other guidelines are the same as given in the brochure.
Admissions under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme/ PIO/ FN
The admission under this category will be made as per instructions of AICTE/Haryana State Technical Education Society, Panchkula/KUK.