Techno GearHeads Club
The Techno GearHeads club aims to promote creativity and to increase the technical know-how and productivity of all the students of IT Department. The Techno GearHeads Club is the ultimate one stop shop for all things under the sun. From Conducting Mock Interviews, Aptitude test series and from coding problems to solving mind boggling environmental issues, everything here is awesome!. This club envisages conducive platform to explore student’s latent talents and also enables them to come out with their innovative ideas.
The students are encouraged to become the member of Techno GearHeads Club to help broaden their skills and horizons. This club helps students to explore and showcase their Hidden talents along with providing them an opportunity to brush up their persona. The management skills and spirit of organization is inculcated in students by providing them a platform for hosting their technical talents.
The club focuses on providing an opportunity to students to implement what they learn in their respective class rooms.
Activities under Techno GearHeads Club
- Conducting technical events such as Symposiums, Quizzes
- Aptitude, General knowledge & Reasoning Question practice papers for skill enhancement.
- Personality development activities like Extempore, Group Discussion, Presentation Skills, Resume Building Session are also conducted
- Organizing Guest Lectures
- Industry Visits to provide students an insight regarding internal working of companies.
The building Blocks of this club are:
- Ms. Ashima (AP, IT Deptt.)
- Ms. Bhawna (AP, IT Deptt.)
- Shreya Gupta (IT 4th Year)
- Saksham Pahwa (IT 3rd Year)
- Chirag Garg (IT 3rd Year)
- Department of Information Technology and TechnoGear Heads club organized a videography competition on 26th June, 2021. Theme of the competition was “Future with IT”. Dr. Mukesh Chawla and Dr. Vaishali were judges. The event was conducted online. In this competition students participated by creating a video related to the given theme. The video presented by students included text, images, photos, videos and any combination of these elements. Winners were judged on Clarity of Subject, Relevance and Creativity. Certificates were provided to the winners. Tiya stood 1st Position, Utkarsh Pandey stood 2nd Position and Yashika stood 3rd Position.
- IT Techno Gearheads Club organized the online event- LIBERAL ARTS on 14th August, 2020 on the occasion of Independence day even during the COVID-19 crisis. As expected, many creative minds came forward from every department including students from other colleges and universities (K.U., D.U etc). Students put in a lot of efforts and creativity in their poetry and posters and came up with a strong message to convey. The Competitions took place with poetry recitation and poster display in an alternative manner. The winners were awarded with cash prices and online certificates. Ms. Varsha (MBA-2nd Year, PIET) stood 1st position & Ms. Anjali (IT-3rd Year, PIET) stood 2nd position in Poster Making Competition and Ms. Bhavya (MBA-2nd Year, PIET) stood 1st position and Ms. Tripatijeet Kaur (BA Mass Comm.-2nd Year, KU) stood 4th position in Poetry Competition.
- IT Department’s Techno GearHeads Club organized Talks with Innovators & Entrepreneurs Session in association with Institution Innovation Council (IIC) at PIET, ED Cell and Yantra Club. First session was taken by Mr. Utkarsh Pandey and Mr. Jatin Arora, students of B. Tech. 2nd Year IT Department on 15th April, 2020.
- IT Department organized a Mock Interview activity under the Techno GearHeads Club on 4th March, 2020. The activity called for participation of 3rd year students and almost 50 students showed up for the activity.