The Conference which was organized under the Aegis of INDIAN COUNCIL OF SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH on Friday, 29th March, 2019 was witness to over 130 Papers being presented by Research Scholars and Academicians from leading Universities/Colleges across India and the Globe. The Paper themes and the concepts were related to the various aspects of an INTELLIGENT SYSTEM namely Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Innovations, Physical Sciences and several other trending concepts in the specified domain. The objective behind a Conference of this Nature was to understand the developments and the qualitative research, being undertaken by Scholars and Researchers across the functional area of an INTELLIGENT SYSTEM. At the conclusion of the Conference 88 Research Papers were identified by the distinguished jury for Publishing. The Conference saw the Champions from the field of Technology and Research converge at a common platform and share their thoughts and experience. To mention the dignitaries present: Chief Guest (Inaugural ceremony)- Dr. K.K. Aggarwal, Chairman, NBA, Key Note Speaker– Dr. Jitender Kumar Chhabra, NIT, Kurukshetra, Chief Guest (Valedictory session)- Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Chairman, DCSA, K.U., Kurukshetra Session Chairs– Dr. Suchita Upadhyaya, DCSA, K.U., Kurukshetra, Dr. A. K. Mohapatra, IGDTU, Delhi, Dr. V. P. Singh, CSED, Thapar University, Dr. Rajan Sharma, CU, Chandigarh, Dr. T. P. Singh, BMU, Rohtak, Dr. Meenakshi Sharma, CU, Chandigarh, Dr. Apash Roy, LPU, Dr. Amar Singh, LPU, Dr. Dinesh Verma, PIET, Dr. Vinay Khatri, PIET, Dr. Vijay Kaushik, PIET and Dr. Suman Arora, PIET. Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology shall continue to organize such Conferences/Seminars/Conclaves in the future thereby creating a “SYMBIOTIC” Learning Environment for the Academia and the Student community at Large.
Faculty Development Programme
- One week Faculty Development Programme on “Soft Computing & its Applications” (FDPSC-2020) was successfully organized from 6th Jan, 2020 to 11th Jan, 2020 by Department of Information Technology. The aim of FDP was to provide the Researchers and Faculties, an exposure to the Soft computing approaches and its applications in diverse fields along with the latest research methods. The participants learnt and got skilled practically about different Soft computing techniques. Various lab sessions have been included to get the practical knowledge. Faculties from different departments (e.g. CSE, ECE, TEX, Applied Sciences etc.) participated in this programme.
- One week boot camp on “Micro Acceleration program” was organized in the Department of Information Technology from 22nd October to 26th October, 2018. Total of 60 students from various departments attended and completed this workshop. The aim of the workshop was to first familiarize the students with basic concepts of IoT, its applications and Arduino board. Hands on practice for programming of LED and mobile on Arduino board were performed. Smart city concept based mini projects were made by the teams (each team having 3-5 students). Finally students presented their projects on last day of the workshop.
- One day workshop on “Cyber Security” was organized in the Department of Information Technology on 9th October, 2018. More than 400 students from various departments of PIET attended and completed this workshop.
- One week workshop on “International Workshop on Mobile Multimedia Internet (IWMMI-2018)” was organized by Department of Information Technology from 6th August-10th August, 2018. More than 150 participants from all over India participated in this workshop. Dr Seshadri Mohan, Professor, System Engineering Department University of Arkansas, Little Rock USA, was the keynote speaker for this workshop. All teachers and students learnt a lot about Mobile, Multimedia and Internet technologies and applications.
- One week ICT Based STC (Short Term Course) on “Optimization using MATLAB” conducted by NITTTR, Chandigarh and coordinated by IT department (PIET) from 17th July, 2017 to 21st July, 2017.
- One week ICT Based STC (Short Term Course) on “Communication Skills” conducted by NITTTR, Chandigarh and coordinated by IT department (PIET) from 9th October, 2017 to 13th October, 2017.
- An interactive, informative and motivational guest lecture on “Applications of Remote Sensing Technologies” was organized by IT department on 2nd March 2017. Mr. Vinod Kumar Sharma (Scientist, ISRO, Hyderabad) was the Keynote speaker. He discussed about practical approaches followed by ISRO for remote sensing in different Geographical areas for Disaster management.
- A Guest Lecture was organized by IT Department on 17th October, 2013. This lecture was delivered by Dr. Jitender Kumar Chhabra, Chairman, Department of Computer Engineering, NIT, Kurukshetra. He guided the Students about “How to define a problem appropriately and what are the measures to be considered while solving a problem”. Students got benefitted with the inspiring words of such a great technologist.
- Information Technology Department organized an Industrial visit to Net Smartz Pvt. Ltd. on 25th October, 2019 with an objective to learn/experience the latest technology that IT Industries are using now-a-days. NetSmartz Pvt. Ltd. is the leading provider of Softwares which help franchisors and their franchisee more effectively to manage, track and run their business. There were around 40+ students of IT Department who have undergone through the practical aspects of the IT Industries during this visit. They were accompanied by two faculty members of the department Mr. Sandeep Goel and Ms. Shivani Rawal. This visit started with an Introductory Session and then the session was continued by HR head and Technical Heads. Students were given time to interact with the employees of the company and queries were answered very appropriately. In this visit, the students explored about the working environment and various Career Opportunities in IT industry.
- Department of Information Technology organized an Industrial Visit on April 16th, 2019 to Cloud Smartz Pvt. Ltd., Mohali for IT students. The visit was organized to help the students to experience the working culture of the startups and learn the problems that are faced in the initial journey. There were nearly 45 students who joined the visit. They were accompanied by 2 faculty members named Dr. Mukesh Rana and Ms. Annu Chaudhary of IT Department.
- Department of Information Technology organized an Industrial Visit to Microsoft India Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad from 31st March to 2nd April, 2016. There were 4 students from different departments who joined the visit. The Visit was initiated by Mr. Harish Chugh. Head (IT Department). The Students were explained about the working of the organization, the technical aspects and the various specialized fields of importance. Apart from these issues, how a fresher can get into Microsoft, What are all the expectations from Microsoft to recruit people, a small experience sharing with a Microsoft fresher were done. It was indeed a good opportunity for the Students to gain exposure to the happenings in a software field and get molded to become job fit.