To lay a strong foundation for the first year students of the engineering discipline in the area of Applied Sciences and Humanities with a view to make them capable of innovating and inventing engineering solutions and also develop students as capable and responsible citizens of our nation.
- To build strong fundamental knowledge and ability for application in students and make them capable to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- To impart knowledge, leading to understanding between engineering and other core areas of Applied Sciences and Humanities.
- To provide students the basic tools of analysis, as well as the knowledge of the principles on which engineering is based.
- To strive to inculcate the scientific temper and the spirit of enquiry in the students.
- To make students achieve a superior level in communication and presentation skills.
- To foster values and ethics and make students responsible citizens of India.
- To pursue inter-disciplinary research for the larger good of the society.