About the Programme
PIET has introduced the AICTE approved B.Tech (Honors) programme. The B.Tech (Honors) programme at PIET offers the student a unique opportunity to specialize in a field of interest in addition to the core Engineering programme one pursues.
It gives a special opportunity for the student to get a major degree in Textile Engineering and a minor degree in one of the following specialization:
- Technical Textile
- Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
The key features of the B.Tech (Honors) programme are:
- The student can identify one area of minor specialization (mentioned above) along with the major specialization in Textile Engineering.
- In contrast to a traditional B.Tech program which is a 4 Year (8 Semester programme) offering 160 course credits, the B.Tech (Honors) programme is a 4 Year (8 Semester programme) offering 180 course credits.
- The additional 20 Credits to be completed as part of the B.Tech (Honors) program is to be evenly spaced out between the 3rd and 8th semester.
- To successfully complete the B.Tech (Honors) programme the student shall need to clear the examinations for the additional 20 Credits. The examinations shall be conducted as per the AICTE as well as University guidelines.