PIET feels its responsibility of making its students Socially Responsible. It has been felt that the PIET fraternity and organizations must behave ethically with extreme sensitivity toward social, cultural, economic and environmental issues. We are striving to inculcate social responsibility among the individuals and organizations to create a positive contribution to the society and nation. To Corporate Social Responsibility has always been an integral part of PIET vision. The management has undertaken several initiatives towards the benefit of the Society at large:
- Regular Female Foeticide Awareness Camps.
- Free education to meritorious students from weaker sections of society.
- The Institute hosts and participates in blood donation camps to create and spread awareness about blood donation among its students.
- The Institute initiates green drives in the form of tree planting exercises on a regular basis.
- PIET regularly creates awareness amongst its students and faculty regarding CSR activities and encourages them to support CSR events.
- PIET offers its Infrastructure and Lab facilities to many government vocational courses to enable and assist these students to work with the latest equipment.
PIET has been allotted one unit of 160 volunteers of The National Service Scheme (NSS) by the Government of Haryana. The NSS is Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the India. The NSS scheme was launched in Gandhiji’s Centenary year, 1969 with a dream of developing students’ personality through community service. NSS is a voluntary association of young people in College.
The programme aims to inculcate social welfare in students, and to provide service to society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. It also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food. clothing and first aid to the disaster victims.
The Motto of NSS ‘Not Me But You’, reflects the essence of democratic lying and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other persons’ point of view and also show consideration to other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well clear in this motto, which underlines the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers strive for the well-being of society.