The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, driven by the passion for excellence and quality in the fields of academics and technical professionalism has formed The Educational Societies to offer the students an opportunity to realize their potential in a number of areas and broaden their knowledge and experience by involving them in different activities. Our objective here is to strive to maximize students’ potential in analytical thinking, commitments to excellence in their personal and professional thinking. We operate two major societies in our department under the supervision of Prof. (Dr.) S.C Gupta (Chairperson CSE/IT) and Dr. Vikram Bali (HOD, CSE Department).
PIET COMP TECHIES
The departmental society for students was constituted in September 2013. It was inaugurated by (Capt.) Dr. K.K. Paliwal (Director, PIET). The aim of the society is to:
- Help the students to get all the updates of computer technology
- Get all the updates of departmental events and activities
- Review current hardware and software products
- Explore different areas of interest.
- Create a social environment where students with various technical experiences share a platform to exchange information with one another.
Various Guest Lectures by Experts, Workshops, Short Term Courses, Faculty Development Programmes, Technical Quiz, Seminars and Aptitude Test have been successfully organized in the department from time to time. Some of the highlights of this year were:
- GURU MAHOTSAV on Sept 5, 2016
- Let’s Begin with Programming Season was held from 2nd to 15th Sept, 2016
- Engineer’s Day Celebration on Sept 15, 2016
- Seminar on Big Data and Hadoop on Sept 23, 2016
- CSE Star Mega Event from Oct 15th to 5th Nov , 2016
- Spoken Tutorial Test by IIT, Mumbai on Nov 18, 2016
- One Day Virtual Lab Workshop on Feb 2, 2017
- Android App Workshop on Feb 13, 2017
- C Weekly Test Series started from Feb 15, 2017
- Aptitude & Logical Weekly Test Series to be started from March 7,2017
COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA
The Computer Society of India (CSI) came into existence in P.I.E.T this year with the objective to spread the knowledge and provide opportunities to the students. Since its inception the society has attained new milestones and successfully organized many events at the college and inter-college level along with industrial visits. We managed to run the student chapter at PIET with nearly 200 students. The society organized its opening event YOGYATA with full zeal and energy and got overwhelming response from students. More than 800 students from different departments participated in this competition.
Apart from technical events, rangoli, project exhibition, art attack were also taken into consideration for competitions. The students were given the exposure through industrial visits to CSIO – CSIR , Chandigarh – where they understood the prospective of researchers and learnt about the latest technical outcomes. Another event named VOICE OF PIET helped the students to gain local publicity among their fellow mats by sharing their singing talent.
The students tried to do something different by visiting and celebrating the Children’s Day at The Blind School at Panipat. For the first time, this initiative was given the name of AAGAZ which took place near Diwali; in which students decided to bring smiles on the faces of blind children. They took a number of students for CITY WALK, visited Mall and were offered lunch at Mc’Donalds.