Department of Computer Science and Engineering aspires to be recognized universally as a promoter of computer technology and its applications and socially relevant research pursuits.
- M1. Develop competent professional with analytical skills and independent thinking through excellent education for productive career in industry, academia and as entrepreneurs.
- M2. To enhance theoretical, experimental and applied skills of faculty and students in Computer Science through nationally and internationally recognized and socially relevant research.
- M3. Continuously improve physical and academic infrastructure.
- M4. Create nurturing environment for lifelong learning skills.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1:To impart an in-depth knowledge on the fundamentals of Computer Science and create a foundation for building capacity and competence in using the fundamental knowledge to innovate and invent and thus help in facilitating progressive careers in industry, as an entrepreneur and in pursuit of higher studies.
- PEO2:To facilitate and foster technical and analytical skills in students to develop innovative solutions to complex real life problems using existing and novel technologies.
- PEO3:To train our students with the required communication and interpersonal skills, multi-disciplinary teamwork and leadership skills to create an ability to present their work in a highly professional and effective form.
- PEO4:To expose them to various contemporary and social issues which will enable them become ethical and responsible citizens of the society.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is enriched with competent and well qualified faculty members to bring out the best in students. Ever since its inception, the Department has always been on a high growth pace with a strong dedication to provide engineering education. The department has well equipped laboratories with internet, web application facilities accessible on LAN and Wi-Fi are available for students to provide them hands-on experience on latest softwares and technological tools used in the industries. Seminars, corporate training, workshops are conducted by experts to prepare students as future software professionals. PDP classes are conducted to pour add-ons to their technical skills. Many of our students graduated through campus, find placements in more than one organizations. As the CSE engineering graduates are trained to understand the broad social, economic & ethical implications of their work & to be cognizant of their professional responsibilities. In view of the increasing importance of Computer Science & Engineering discipline, the Department has also M.Tech. program in CSE in addition to B.Tech. course. The Department has also organized various STC programs at PIET in collaboration with NITTTR, Chandigarh. The Institute has also been designated as nodal centre by IIT, Delhi for Virtual Labs. Various educational tours, trips are organized by the department at regular intervals.
Major Labs :
- Database Lab
- Project Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Unix & Linux Lab
- Web Engineering Lab
- Visual Basic Lab
- C++ Programming Lab
- Internet Lab
- Mobile Computing Lab
- Advance Programming Lab
- Neural Network Lab
- Computer Hardware Lab
Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics as a compulsory subject & Chemistry/Computer Science/Informatics Practices obtaining at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST category).
Admissions to B.Tech. Courses are based on JEE Merit of Rank, for complete information please visit: http//hstes.org OR www.hstes.in and http//tehadmissions.gov.in
For LEET Admissions:
Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering Technology course of 3 years’ duration or more from State Board of Technical Education Haryana or its equivalent with at least 45% marks (42.75% for SC/ST) in the aggregate. Or should be pass in B.Sc. Degree of minimum three year duration from a recognized university with Mathematics as a subject in 12th Standard, with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST Candidates).
Note: Admissions shall be made on the basis of the inter-se merit of OLET(LEET (Engg.) 2016 conducted by NIC online on the website : www.onlinetesthry.nic.in. Eligibility and other guidelines are the same as given in the brochure.
Admissions under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme/ PIO/ FN
The admission under this category will be made as per instructions of AICTE/Haryana State Technical Education Society, Panchkula/KUK.