To be known and recognized nationally and internationally for innovation and research in the field of mechanical engineering and provide best in-class qualified engineers and researchers who shall be valuable resource for the industry and society.
- To develop department into a center for knowledge, innovation and independent thinking through imparting globally benchmarked academic programs for the graduate & the post graduate for a productive career in industry, academia and research.
- To respond effectively to the needs of the industry and the changing world.
- To continuously enhance the department’s intellectual capital, physical and academic infrastructure and create conducive environment for learning.
- To develop a good quality research facility and inspire researchers to undertake research which delivers on the well being of scoiety and the benefit of the world at large.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering strives hard to provide the budding engineers quality education & training and sharpen their core engineering skills by taking theoretical & practical measures in requisite quantum. The Department has attained many achievements in the last few years & has dedicated all its efforts to produce competent engineers. The department has also started Post Graduate and Diploma Course in addition to B.Tech.
The course is designed to cover comprehensively the following :
- Dynamics of Machines Lab
- Kinematics of Machines Lab
- Thermo dynamics Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Production Technology Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Hydraulic Machines Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Industrial Engineering Lab
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Lab
- Tribology and Mechanical Vibration Lab
- Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing Lab
- Power Plant Engineering Lab
- Entrepreneurship Lab
- CNC & Project Lab
Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics as a compulsory subject & Chemistry/Computer Science/Informatics Practices obtaining at least 45% marks (42.75% marks in case of SC/ST category).
Admissions to B.Tech. Courses are based on JEE Merit of Rank, for complete information please visit: http//hstes.org OR www.hstes.in and http//tehadmissions.gov.in
For LEET Admissions:
Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering Technology course of 3 years’ duration or more from State Board of Technical Education Haryana or its equivalent with at least 45% marks (42.75% for SC/ST) in the aggregate. Or should be pass in B.Sc. Degree of minimum three year duration from a recognized university with Mathematics as a subject in 12th Standard, with at least 45% marks in aggregate (42.75% in case of SC/ST Candidates).
Note: Admissions shall be made on the basis of the inter-se merit of OLET(LEET (Engg.) 2016 conducted by NIC online on the website : www.onlinetesthry.nic.in. Eligibility and other guidelines are the same as given in the brochure.
Admissions under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme/ PIO/ FN
The admission under this category will be made as per instructions of AICTE/Haryana State Technical Education Society, Panchkula/KUK.