To create high quality human resources in the field of management who lend their expertise in the global arena and serve the society as business leaders by setting high professional and ethical standards.
Our mission is to offer a unique learning environment which nurtures students across nations so as to develop them into world class:
a) Managers who create an environment for their teams to be self motivated.
b) Entrepreneurs who are not only dreamers with new ideas but who also persevere to turn those ideas into reality.
c) Innovators who are daring, patient and not afraid of failure.
d) Leaders with vision, integrity and emotional intelligence who have a transformative impact on the society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO 1: To prepare management graduates for successful employment and engagement in learning, understanding and holistic application of management theory and practice for problem resolution and decision making in an increasingly global, technology oriented, diverse and changing business environment. (Employability)
- PEO 2: To prepare Management graduates with research and higher education interest capable of pursuing advanced studies and research, teaching-learning or consultancy assignments. (Higher studies, Academics and Research)
- PEO 3: To enable Management graduates desirous of becoming entrepreneurs to help start their own business as also demonstrate their entrepreneurial capabilities for their employer organization. (Entrepreneurship)
- PEO 4: To make graduates become well informed, ethical and committed corporate citizens contributing to the management profession and the community in an effective manner. (Well informed, Ethical and Committed Professional)
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES (PO)
On completion of the MBA degree the graduates will be able to
- Apply the concepts of accounting, marketing, finance, human resource, economics and operations in Management field.
- Identify, formulate and solve complex problems to achieve demonstrated conclusions using management principles.
- Apply research based knowledge so that the students are offered the knowledge and skills of analytical thinking, continuous process, concept of managerial decision, maintaining balance between risk & profitability, coordination process and centralized nature.
- Examine the impact of management solutions in global and environmental contexts and utilize the knowledge for sustained development.
- Develop consciousness of professional, ethical and social responsibilities as experts in the field of management
- Perform effectively as a member/leader in multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management principles to manage projects in multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness for contemporary issues and lifelong learning.
- Develop an ability to identify and harness opportunities presented by ever changing business environment.
MBA @ PIET was established in retort to the mounting need that was felt for nurturing imminent managers who could efficiently manage worldwide growing industries. The programme is premeditated to aid students formalize ideas and gaze at them logically. A combination of rigorous research-based curriculum with an emphasis on real-life applications and the experiential knowledge pushes students to discover practical business solutions using the modus operandi that develop in and outside classroom during course duration.
This course imparts a panorama, enriching the students and encouraging them to think beyond their horizons, identify out-of-the-box solutions and challenge the status-quo. The focus here is not on producing business managers per se, but socially responsible business luminaries. MBA @ PIET witnesses a blend of seasoned professionals from a wide array of sectors such as manufacturing, telecommunication, retail & FMCG, banking, logistics, stock market & mutual funds to mention but a few.
- To have comprehensive understanding of the corporate world.
- To coalesce the theoretical concepts with pragmatic aspects of organizational milieu and knack of management.
- To acquire conceptual and analytical abilities required for effective decision making.
- To evolve with the dynamic and complex working environment.
The basic thrust is on understanding the independent nature of organizational dynamics and its managerial implications.
- Exhibit the Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes (KSA) indispensable to gain employment in the corporate sector.
- Determine and appraise options for developing strategies in business world.
- Apply a range of practical widget for being an entrepreneur.
- Identify potential market opportunities in Indian and global scenario.
- Identify and describe the ramifications of Indian business and finding its relevance in global business.
- Analyze and evaluate the issues that arise out of the greater integration of the Indian economy and businesses with the global environment.
As part of its drive to being a world-class organization, PIET is currently involved in enhancing the canvas of its internal and external competencies in terms of people and resources. Interaction with industry leaders, practitioners and professionals takes several forms in the Management Department of PIET. Internship in an organization for a period of 6-8 weeks is mandatory for all students. Periodical industry visits are arranged for students to help them gain an understanding of best practices in the real world.
Visits to The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), National Stock Exchange (NSE), Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Rashtrapati Bhavan, Hindustan Sanitaryware, LT Overseas, Danone-India, Parle-G, Mother Dairy, and many more are arranged for MBA students by Department of Management Studies, PIET.
PIET has an active incubation centre to encourage and nurture budding entrepreneurs. We strongly believe that it is as important to develop job-creators as it is to develop value-creators for organization.
- International Women’s Day celebrated on 8th March, 2017 in Department of Management Studies.
- Guest Lecture on ‘Human Consciousness in the Daily Karma’ on March 6, 2k17 organized by Department of Management Studies.
- Live Budget session was arranged in the MBA Department on 1st February, 2017
- Guest Lecture on Unlocking the Potential of Real Truth behind Stock Markets on September 15, 2k16 organized by Department of Management Studies.
- Guest Lecture on Compitition to Cooperation by Brother E.V Girish from Brahmakumari Word Spiritual University, Mumbai, on September 9, 2k16 organized by Department of Management Studies.
- Motivational Session by Mr. Parvesh Chandel, a national bestselling author of – “Stir my Heart… Still my Soul” on 7th September, 2016 organized by Department of Management Studies.
- Guest Lecture on Drug Abuse Prevention by Mr. Satish Guglani in MBA Department on August 30, 2k16.
- Guest Lecture on Entrepreneurship – Business Plan & Project Report Preperation by Prof. Dr. Sanjiv Mittal, Dean USMS, G.G.S Indraprastha University, Delhi organized by Department of Management Studies.
Eligibility: Graduate or Post Graduate in any stream with 50% marks (47.5% marks for SC/ST candidate). Admission to MBA programme is based on the Composite Score of C.MAT/MAT.
Admissions under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme/ PIO/ FN
The admission under this category will be made as per instructions of AICTE/Haryana State Technical Education Society, Panchkula/KUK.