The concept of libraries has revolutionized human creative thinking and mankind has witnessed an oceaning change in the standard of living as books preserve archival materials and historical records for the coming generation. We are a part of an information age and libraries should be situated in a dynamic information environment to provide the in-depth knowledge to their users. The library is the resource gateway through which people disseminate and share information, needs to redefine and re-emphasize what is essential to its professional practice in the digital age.
PIET consists of a central library and also has several departmental libraries. Centralized on user services, the library offers a perfect ambience ideal for learning. This system enables the library & connects the users with Digital, Virtual Reference & Referral Services, Mobile Services, Digital Resources, Internet communications, Reprography Services, Book Bank Service & Inter Library Loan.
PIET library is a big respiratory of knowledge in terms of not only books but also the latest digital enabled facilities including e-journals, audio-visual materials, CD’s, projects, case studies, journals etc.
Library Offers :
- More than 43000 text & reference books.
- 3000 CDs & DVDs.
- Library subscribes to 231 national & international print journals, magazines and IESTC & IMC Collection of e-journals Packages of CENAGE learning.
- Multimedia & internet access to view documentaries & learning aids.
- Book Bank facility for the students.
- Xerox and scanning services to the users.
- It is member of DELNET (Developing library network) to share its resources and to access various database.
- Library is open till late in the evening during Exam, for the benefits of the students.