“A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that ‘individuality’ is the key to success.” Robert Orben
The 4th Convocation of Panipat Institute of Engineering and Technology, Samalkha is scheduled to be held on January 28th, 2018 (Sunday). Prof. Anil Dattatraya Sahasrabudhe, Chairman (AICTE), will deliver the Convocation Address and honour all academic programme students.
About the Chief Guest
Prof. Anil Dattatraya Sahasrabudhe, Chairman (AICTE)
|Prof. Anil Dattatraya Sahasrabudhe, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati joined All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as Chairman on 17th July 2015. Prof. Anil D. Sahasrabudhe graduated from BVB College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli affiliated to Karnataka University, Dharwad, Karnataka in Mechanical Engineering with First Rank and Gold medal in 1980. Subsequently, he obtained Master’s and Doctoral (with UGC Fellowship) degree from Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore in 1982 and 1989 respectively. Prof. Anil D. Sahasrabudhe in his illustrious career of 31 years held several important Academic, Research and Administrative positions. He is presently working as Chairman & Expert Member on various National Level Committees. Some of these include; Chairman, Basic Scientific Research (BSR), Empowered Committee of UGC, SWAYAM Board and Chairman BOG of NIT Itanagar. As a Member/Fellow he is actively involved in the activities of many Professional Bodies/Societies, such as ISTE, ASME, ASEE, ASI, IET, Institution of Engineers (IE). He was awarded with “Maha-Intrapreneur Award-2011” of Praj Industries, Pune for his Leadership and Innovative abilities in the area of Technology Development and Entrepreneurship initiatives.|
It is a pleasure to invite you to attend the convocation and receive the Degree in person. The Institute also has the pleasure of inviting your parents and spouse (if you are married) to join us on this pleasant occasion. However, we will not be able to accommodate the children into the Convocation venue. Please visit our website www.piet.co.in for further details.
The graduands interested to receive their degree in the convocation are advised to pre-register online. Since all the events of the Convocation are time constrained and the logistics depend on actual number of students attending the Convocation, you are requested to pre-register on or before 25th January, 2018 to ensure a smooth and successful Convocation. (Click here for Pre-Registration)
|Reporting Time at Registration Counter||9:00 am|
|Registration / Security Deposit & Collection of Gown Set||9:00 am to 10:00 am|
|Entry into the Pandaal (Amphitheatre) & to be seated at the Convocation site||10:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Entry to the Convocation site is blocked||10:30 am sharp|
|Convocation Briefing / Rehearsal||10:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Convocation Ceremony||11:00 am to 2:15 pm|
|Lunch (at Old Canteen Lawn)||2:30 pm onwards|
- You will be permitted to attend the Convocation only if you have registered at the venue as per the schedule given above.
- If a Graduand leaves the venue at any time before the Convocation is over, he/she will not be permitted to enter the Convocation site again.
List of Students to be Awarded Degree during the 4th Convocation of PIET, Samalkha (Click here to more details….)
Medal Recipients/Topper List
PIET, Samalkha is pleased to announce that Top Rankers are the proud recipients of Medals on 4th Convocation (Click here to more details……)
Limited accommodation is available in the campus with bare minimum amenities. Arrangements will be made in boys’ and girls’ hostels for the stay of the degree recipients. They can be provided on first come first serve basis with the charge of Rs. 100/night (inclusive night meal and breakfast). It’s a must for degree recipients to inform at prior, and then we can arrange the accommodation in Hostel. You are advised to contact hostel coordinator for accommodation in the campus.
For Boys Hostel : Dr. Vijay Kaushik (Chief Warden Boys Hostel) (M. 9996139195)
For Girls Hostel : Ms. Tanika (Warden Girls Hostel) (M. 7206777464)
Guidelines and Important Information
Convocation is very solemn occasion, therefore maintaining decorum and punctuality is a must. You are requested to complete all the activities such as Registration, Gown Security & Rental deposit, Gown Collection etc., quickly in order to be seated at the respective seating area in Convocation site in time as the site would be blocked at 10:30 am sharp
There are various counters for Registration, Issue of Gowns as under:
|Registration Counter||At Institute’s Main Gate|
|Gown Counter/Security Deposit (Boys and Girls)||Block A (Ground Floor)|
- Registration is open from 9.00am to 9.30am.
- You have to register / report at the counter marked for your respective Department along with your pre-confirmed guests. Unconfirmed graduands and guests are not permitted.
Convocation Gowns & Caps
- The Convocation Gown set for the Convocation ceremony will be made available at Block-A (Ground Floor) between 9:30am to 10:00am on payment of Rs. 500/- out of which Rs. 300/- would be deducted and Rs. 200/- would be refunded on the return of Gown set after Convocation is over.
- All degree recipients must wear the Convocation Gown sets during the Convocation ceremony.
- After the Convocation is over, please ensure that you return the Complete Gown Set (Gown & Cap).
- In case you lose any part of your gown set, its cost will be deducted from the security deposit by the Gown supplier.
Seating in the Convocation site
- The Entry Gates to the Convocation site will open at 10:00am. Please proceed to the Convocation site after you have collected your Gown.
- The seating arrangements for Parents / Guests are in the reserved areas duly marked in front of the Venue.
- Seating Plan for the Graduands is as per the PG & UG programmes.
- All the winners of Medals will be seated in the designated area separately.
- Proctors and faculty members from your Institute will be there to help you.
- You and your guests are requested to be seated by 10:00 am in the designated areas in the Convocation site.
- Briefing and Rehearsal will be conducted from 10.00am -10.30am
Convocation – Conferring of Degree
- Convocation Proceedings will commence at 11.00 am after the Academic Procession has entered the site.
- Please rise when the Academic Procession enters the Hall and remain standing till the members of the procession take their seat on the stage.
- You are requested to maintain complete silence during the convocation proceedings since it is a very solemn occasion.
- Please do not throw your caps in the air while you are seated at the Convocation site and maintain the discipline.
- Please keep your mobiles switched off during the entire proceedings.
- Please rise for the National Anthem.
- Please rise again when Convocation proceedings are over and the Academic Procession leaves the site and remain so till the Procession has left the site.
- You are requested to move out of the Convocation site from the marked “EXIT’ only.
- Please take special care of your parents/guests accompanying you.
- After the convocation, kindly return the complete Gown Set at A Block and receive back your refundable security of Rs. 200/-
- Lunch will be served to graduands and their guests at Old Canteen Lawn between 2.30pm to 3.15pm.
- Alumni Meet would start by 4:00pm.
Cameras and Videos Cameras are not allowed during the convocation. The Photographs of the ceremony can be purchased directly from the officially deputed photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Please Note: Help Desks have been set up to help you. Contact Numbers of the help desk are:
- MBA – Mr. Parikshit Vaid (M. 8930899706) and Dr. Akhilesh Mishra (M. 9671742390)
- MCA/BCA – Mr. Satyawan (M. 9992026088) and Mr Rohit Sharma (M. 8295435967)
- ECE – Mr Rajesh (M. 8742980159)
- CSE – Mr. Deepak Kumar (M. 9812044033) and Mr. Sandeep Singh Bindra (M. 9466592489)
- IT – Mr. Sorabh Gupta (M. 9896612475)
- TEXTILE– Ms Pratibha Malik (M. 986667905)
- CIVIL – Mr. Shashank Sharma (M. 9729177727)
- BBA – Ms.Preeti Dahiya (M. 8053000011) and Ms. Samriti (M. 8529440021)
- ME – Mr. Naveen Vashisht (M. 8222824616) and Mr. Gyanendar (M. 9416247553)
- Applied Sc. – Mr. Dinesh Kumar (M. 8295965500)